View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Diabetics

Fellow Diabetics. Has anyone thru-hiked or is intending to Thru-hike this year with an insulin pump?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Android App: Appalachian Trail Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Shutter View Post
    I wanted to make some of you all aware of an app I created a couple years ago to show weather forecasts based on specific locations on the trail.

Simply enter the mile you're interested in, it'll show you the nearest 5 shelters, by clicking on a shelter it'll show you the weather forecast for that particular shelter. I base all forecasts on the GPS coordinates of each shelter as well as predict the actual temperature by calculating the difference in elevation from the weather station
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. In the beggining...

Well, I've been on this site for about 6 days now and I'm just starting to navigate my way around. I find this community of people to be very willing to help. Thank God, cause I could use it! I've been a hiker and camper all my life and doing a thru hike on the AT has been one of my life goals. I've let too many years slip away without getting this done. The decision has ben made. I will begin my hike on March 20th of 2015. so it is written,so it is law! until then I will be doing a series of section ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	25984  
  4. T minus 30 hours

Last "regular" morning. Tomorrow afternoon I start my public transportation journey to GA. Since I committed myself to this start date have only been able to get 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night. Been waking up at 3:00 to 4:00AM and the mind starts up with the planning/preparations and it's pointless trying to go back to sleep. Have been reading everything I can here at WB and anywhere else trying to learn from others. I know my pack is to heavy, but refuse to remove anything until I start ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Published my AT book "Walking Upright" for free - read it here

Quote Originally Posted by matt608 View Post
    Hello fellow woodland wanderers. 3 years and 1 month ago at age 21 I hiked North-South the entire state of Virginia on the AT. It was a life changing experience, as it is for many of us. For me it was especially so as I ended up with lyme disease and CFS, which I am still recovering from. But much more importantly it was a journey of deep awakening, as well as lots of fun! I was almost blinded in the Wilderness by exploding water purification chemicals, I encountered drunk hill-billies, bears,
    Categories
    Uncategorized