WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Projections for Trail Conditions 2014????

I suppose to walk the AT starting in March but I m hearing a lot of horror story coming up from the south the weather and all and was wondering if anyone had hear/ seen projection about the AT conditions for this up coming seasons
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. In The Planning Stage - AGAIN!

My wife and I hiked 3/4s of the AT over 3 years from 2004 to 2006. Northbounders from Springer to Danby Vermont. Life got in the way to finish then.

We are in the planning stage to continue north this summer and are very excited about it!

We are glad WHITE BLAZE is still here. Got great advice in the past and plan to get up to date info now.

Jamie and Patsy
    "Lost and Found" & "Sunshine"
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Officially committing and planning for the AT thru-hike 2014

So far the only thing I've been getting caught up on is deciding whether or not I want to bring my fancy pancy REI mountain gaiters which led to me posting a poll in the forum. Did I say the only thing? I believe I meant to say I have done nothing else so far. Progress is one step at a time people.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Transport/shuttle from Waynesboro to Front Royal?

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saluki View Post
    Thanks! Will check it out.
    Forgot to add that I have used the woman below twice and had no problems. Nice woman.

Sharon's Shuttles
    Sharon Johnson
    Front Royal, VA
    703/615-5612 [cell; preferred]
    540/622-6422 [home]
    Waynesboro, VA to Waynesboro, PA and shuttles to and from Washington Dulles Airport. Hiker loft, a 15-minute walk from the A.T., is free for overnighters
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Internal frame or none at all ?

For a long time I have always hiked with a internal frame pack. Are there advantages to not have a internal frame pack and just a "soft" pack. Will it make a difference to the extent of long distance ?
    Categories
    Uncategorized