WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. May 12-15 start Partners Wanted NOBO

Hey, Graduating in May from college so getting a late start. Would like to have a partner to start out with at least. Hit me up if your interested.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Wednesday notes: Heading to the ATC, "A Walk in the Woods" etc.

[New PRW post]

I'm a member at the Appalachian Trail Conservancy, so I'm off to Harper's Ferry this morning to get the maps for Georgia through southwest Virginia at a discount. I'm also going to ask the assistant on duty what weather I can expect in Georgia.

I've got my Irish drinking songs playlist ready on my iPod - The Pogues, Flogging Molly, The Clancy Brothers, The Young Dubliners and Dropkick Murphys- for March 17. It's something to look forward to. And fyi, Irish/Scottish ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Grayson Highlands Overnight camping trip Feb 2010

4. Ranking AT memoirs/fiction

I started this thread because I'm interested in getting kind of a summary review of all the thru-hiking memoirs and novels out there.

I've only read a couple myself and I want to know what other people have enjoyed so I know which AT book I should spend my money on next.

So please, opine here on the literature of the trail you've come across.

Check Whiteblaze's links page for a link to media about the trail if you need to refresh your memory.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 1st Resupply ready

First resupply for Georgia? Check.

I just posted my first blog update [w/ photo @ the grocery store] from my new Droid at my blog, People's Republic of Walk.
    Categories
    Uncategorized