WhiteBlaze Pages
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
$10 for printed copy(paperback). $6 for interactive PDF. $2 for printable PDF.
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Walter Halloween

I can't wait for Halloween this year. I am going as Walter from the Big Lebowski.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Facebook Politics

3. 2010 Thru hikers on facebook

There has been a group on facebook for Appalachian Trail 2010 thru hikers for quite some time now. I thought I would post a quick note here to let everyone know about the Appalachian Trail 2010.
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  4. Buffing up the Why

Expectations are a fool's investment. As I prepare for the 6th of February, I keep this in mind. Don't get me wrong; I'm ready to roll. My "how" is hammered out and I'm geared up for life as a nomad, but I've got my chips elsewhere. My bet's on my "why". After all, no matter how bomb-proof, the "how" can go to hell in a hot second (and take one's expectations down with it). But the "why" is a little stronger.

Like I said, I'm ready. My body's
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Wondering why people start in February

I spent the morning redoing my mail drop listing and reading through some journals. After reading some of the journals and seeing that there are more people starting their thru in February than I realized. This had me baffled and wondering.

1. Are these people leaving in February because they are anxious to start and do not want to put it off any longer than that have to?
    2. Have they done there research?
      Do they realize the colder weather they are going to run into?
    3. Are they
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs