WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Mile 728 - Troutville, VA

I know it's a long time between posts -sorry for that, but the mobile interface is not great and I'm not at a PC often :-) BEAR WITH ME!!!
    My bounce box got held up by mistake at Mtn Harbor hostel- they are sending it to waynesboro, so if all goes well and I find WIFI I'll try to post some of my pics next week ... the country we have been hiking is absolutely amazing!
    So, Here's the rundown of the past couple weeks

May 30 - 7a-5p - Saw a bear cub and mama this morning ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. To get to the Totts Gap Trailhead

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
    EXTREME disclaimer -- there is very little advantage to going to the Totts Gap trailhead. The one at Fox Gap is right on the trail and the road is far easier driving. The only advantage I can note is a trailhead on a quieter road.

Anyway, if you're starting from I-80 get off on the exit for Hiway 611. Yes, I know there's two of these, but either one will get you there.
    1) If Exit 307 (at Stroudsburg), follow the signs to Hiway 191, then head south on that road. Watch for Cherry
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. ^^ountain ^^an Appalachian Trail Maine to Georgia winter thru-hike

^^ountain ^^an

has completed

Appalachian Trail Maine to Georgia winter thru-hike

August 10th 2015 - June 11th 2016

myATguide.com

what next?

Happy Trails!
  4. Best campsites on Ga AT

Horse Gap - walk to the top of Sassafrass Mtn, which is dry. But stop and eat supper at Hawk Mtn then carry water for breakfast atop Sassafrass, that makes a really nice day from Springer.

Wolf mentioned Gooch Gap. If you cross the road and take the trail to water then head up the left hand side of that valley or gully, there's a campsite on top of that rise with a great night-time view of the lights below.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Woody gap campsites on Ga AT

[QUOTE=Praha4;954070]approx 1 mile north of Woody Gap, the trail climbs to top of Big Cedar Mtn where there is a great rock ledge with fantastic views. There is a nice campsite on opposite side of trail from the overlook.

Gooch Gap is also good campsite
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 68 of 596 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 168 568 ... LastLast