WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. nice day for maintenance, part 1

Yesterday was our first maintenance trip of the year and it started off as usual . . . with a trip to the liquor store. The liquor store is one of our carpool meeting places. I don't always have to meet there, it just depends on where our maintenance for the day is. When I do go there, I like to get there a few minutes early. There is just nothing like starting the maintenance day off with something that comes wrapped in a brown paper bag and I was pretty sure that a chainsaw was going to be needed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. NOBO in February

Wondering if anyone else is planning on a NOBO adventure starting at Springer in February. I'm planning a departure on the 8th or 15th.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Planning 2013 AT hike..looking for other women 50+ to hike with.me..leave late march

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaVO View Post
    HI Inch-by-inch..I have a blog on whiteblaze (re March 2013 hike). I will be 60 this November and plan to retire the end of this year. I, too, have a dream of attempting the AT thru-hike also in March 2013. Let's definitely keep in touch!
    Tags: 1'", 1ˤˢ Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Mid March NOBO Looking for starting partner

I am excited about getting started mid to late march. I live in South Carolina, 56 year male, training regular can now hike 10 plus miles per day. I'm looking for a starting partner get going with. I think it will help share the excitement with. I did the first 30 miles a couple of weeks ago for training, I ready..
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. nice day for a hike

Starting the new year off with a hike. Nothing fantastic, just a short day-hike through the woods. The trailhead is only 10 miles away, so it was quick and easy to get there (yeah - it's nice living close to the trail). I hiked from Cross Mountain Rd to Double Springs Shelter. It was a rather uneventful 6 mi roundtrip . . .

No sooner had I started off that I felt some rain drops. I thought that I might need my waterproof hat. I turned around to look at my truck and realized that
    Categories
    Uncategorized