WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

KingGator and Sons

Appalachian Trail Journal Entry #12 - Entertainment Matters!

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	182536_130499020434690_871262488_n.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	19812
There are alot of people that have e-mailed me or commented that want to know why I respond to almost everything that people write? Well, let me say this...I am an entertainer in many ways, so I believe in giving the people what interests them. I am that way in real life with my radio shows in the past, websites, and many other ventures. Hell, I have even been on day time talk shows. I have always enjoyed putting on a great show. In the world of entertainment, that is what gains advertising and sponsors. In the world of entertainment, that is what keeps people tuning in. This hike and this journey is NO DIFFERENT. That is why it is called "New 2 the Wild" and not just some corny name like "JB's Thru Hike".

People are interested in a new hiker trying to do something that seems against the odds. People are interested in the fact that I am bringing kids with me. Whether you like my decision or are against it, I can almost guarantee that you will tune in. Some of you will hate my cockiness and want to see me fail. Some of you will root for me and want me and my children to succeed. It really doesn't matter, because in the end, this will end up being the absolute BEST documentary ever produced on the Appalachian Trail.
I am not conservative in any way. My controversial methods will lead to many people wanting to be involved in one way or another. If you are a company, of course you want to sponsor the guy that is going to generate the most views and attention for your company or product. You want the guy that is gonna be both the heel (bad guy) and the face (good guy). I know some of you right now do not believe YET, but let me throw some information out there to you.

I have been in the hiking community a little over a week. With that said, some of the most "legendary" hikers that you know of already know who I am and my story. My trail journals, bloggers, and many others are getting a lot of views. My trail journal alone is getting 300-500 views per day. I haven't even STARTED promoting this yet to be honest. Am I cocky and arrogant? YES! That is exactly why I WILL finish this trail and provide good solid entertainment along the way.

I will be honest that I probably will cuss once in a while, so I hope you can handle that. This is the wilderness, not church. I am hoping to conduct interviews with other hikers along the way. You will see my good days. You will see my bad days. You will see the days when I want to be friends with everyone. You will see the days where I want to slap everyone. Overall, I promise each and every one of you that this is THE TRAIL JOURNAL to subscribe to. This is THE JOURNEY to follow.

I hope that many of you will enjoy this and support our journey along the way.

I would like to know some of the things that YOU out there would like some footage of along this journey. What can I do, other than jump off a mountain to my violent death, would you like to see? Let's get the conversation started....

Yes, I know some of you will say that this is NOT about entertainment. Well, you are wrong. Truth is that EVERYONE records these trips for TWO reasons. To document this trip for their own record along with friends and family having the ability to keep up with them. I admit that is one reason. HOWEVER, the other reason is ENTERTAINMENT. They are attempting to put together a documentary. I have watched the GREAT VIDEOS from Loner, Apache, Fatherman, August, Tuts, and many others. I think they were GREAT with their videos. I will follow alot of what they did, but the difference is going to be STORYLINE.

The storyline is simple...I am 32, out of shape, bringing kids, have never hiked, have never camped and am not an outdoorsman at all. I am from the ghettos of the world, not the woods. That alone makes **** interesting. Then you add to that my entertainment value as a person and all of the sudden we have a perfect storm. I am not here to be politically correct. I am here to make you sit by your computer and root for or boo the most entertaining man that has ever walked the trail.

Now, I have had some feedback from people that think that I should NOT respond to negativity and trolls on here. You are probably right. However, I want them all to tune in too. I want the trolls and haters to tune in EACH and EVERY TIME I post a video or journal. With that being the case, ILL PLAY THEIR GAME. Lets play. If you feel that the only way that you can be part of this journey is to be an *******, then FINE! You are invited along too.

It is going to be amazing to see how this all plays out. I will be starting this trail a sexy faced King. In the end, I am sure I will be all Grizzled out and pissed off at the world. Either way, I look forward to this journey. I look forward to this journey with YOU.

Thank you all for watching, reading, and paying attention,
KING GATOR (JB)

Comments