WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Day 58: Mile 500!

Nice foggy morning. Some ponies came running through the camp this morning. Luckily no one was in their path. Lol. Less than a mile to the 500 mile mark. Of course I listened to I’m Gonna Be (500 miles) song on the way there. The excitement of crossing the milestone was short lived when I realized I left my water bottle at the shelter. Adding 1.8 miles to my day. Ugh 🤦*♀️. The Grayson Highlands is so beautiful and we saw so many wild ponies! Made it to Old Orchard Shelter in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 57: Ponies!

Had a good night sleep. Two Knees and I officially broke our 10 night hostel streak. Today is a 12 mile day, but mostly uphill. Saw Ice Cream Man at a road crossing. He gives out ice cream sandwiches as Trail Magic’s it was much appreciated before the 2.5 mile climb. Got some good views in before the clouds rolled in. Didn’t rain on us too bad for most of the day, but for a 30 minute stretch there was a good pour. Enough to get my socks and shoes soaked. I had managed to keep my feet dry up until ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 56: Slow and steady

I had to mail my pack and sleeping bag home and the post office didn’t open until 8:30am. So no rushing this morning. Got to the post office and was told they didn’t have a box big enough for my pack. Luckily the outfitter a block away had one, so I was good to go. We got breakfast and was on trail by 10am. Kind of a late start for our 15.7 miles and it’s suppose to rain this afternoon, but if we need to stop early we will. Took breaks every couple hours for Not Sure. He held up well considering ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 55: Zero in Damascus

Slept in this morning. Packed up my new pack for the first time. Everything fits really well. I weighed it with 2 days of food and no water and it came to 22 lbs!! Hopefully it rides well. Made it back into Damascus in the early afternoon. The Place, the hostel we are staying at tonight, has check in at 4:30pm. So we got a late lunch and chilled. The Place is run by a church, but it was not very welcoming. The guy running it was rude and there were a lot of rules. Anyways it’s only for a night. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 54: Trail Days

Excited to experience trail days today. Going to visit vendors, eat food, and see hikers I’ve met on trail. I would like to get a new pack and sleeping bag. My pack is 4.5 lbs which is on the heavy side, but is comfortable. The 2.5 lb packs aren’t meant to carry more than 25-30 lbs. Now that it’s warming up I want to switch my 15 degree bag to a 40 degree. I have one at home, but it’s the same weight (2.4 lbs) as my one now. Hopefully, I can find one lighter here. There weren’t many good pack vendors ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 14 of 596 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 514 ... LastLast