WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. shoes storage poll: in tent, vestibule or tarp, bag, shelter

Quote Originally Posted by gpburdelljr View Post
    Everyone must be extremely bored to be endlessly discussing where to put your boots at night.
    Thid could be more important than the boots vs shoes debate.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Bobblets Gap Shelter – Buzzard Rock Sunset at Whitetop Mountain – AT VA

This was a two day, two night hike to fill in gaps between Jennings Creek @ AT Mile 758.5 to Bryant Ridge Shelter @ AT Mile 762.3, Bearwallow Gap @ AT Mile 751.9 to Bobblets Gap Shelter @ AT Mile 748.9, and Whitetop Road @ AT Mile 492.5 to Elk Garden @ AT Mile 494.9. The trail between Jennings Creek and Bryant Ridge Shelter is pretty plain with not many views. On this trip I skipped the section between Jennings Creek and Bearwallow Gap because the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. McAfee Knob Sunrise – Appalachian Trail VA

This was the finale of a three day hike up over McAfee Knob, across Tinker Cliffs to Lamberts Meadow Shelter, and back to Campbell Shelter to stage for a night ascent of McAfee Knob for the amazing sunrise before going back to the parking lot and home. I can’t say enough how much being there for the sunrise was worth it. It was inexplicably moving… The Southbound ascent was not bad in the dark and a simple headlamp was just fine. Full hike here: ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Wildcat D to Carter Notch Hut – Wildcat Ridge Trail from Pinkham Notch – Day 1

This was a three-day Appalachian Trail section hike from Pinkham Notch / NH-16 to the Rattle River trailhead on US-2. We stayed overnight at the AMC Joe Dodge Lodge and hiked via the Wildcat Ridge Trail to the Carter-Moriah Trail and the Rattle River Trail. Day 1 plan was to get over the Wildcats and stay overnight at the Carter Notch Hut. The trail up Wildcat D is extremely steep and is listed on the NH Terrifying 25 list: https://www.theterrifying25.com/ ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Filling in a REALLY small gap, and checking out the area

This last week I could have gone to western North Carolina for some more hiking, but chose not to -- and I think I made the right choice:
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/19/weath...day/index.html

Since the other area where I lack miles is the White Mountains, I could have gone there for a week -- but I am VERY far from being able to handle several days of hiking there. So I instead decided to (1) fill in a silly gap I still have in the area and (2) ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 596 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast