WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Day 79: Mental Day

Today was a hard day. Not physically, not due to the terrain or weather, but mentally. Recently several hikers have decided to get off because they miss their families or aren’t enjoying the trail anymore. And the hikers that remain are talking about their own struggles. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one feeling this way, but it’s also adding to my own anxiety versus making me excited to be out here. Pickles whom I’m hiking with is really struggling and her depression is really bringing me ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 78: Long Day

Today we are going to try to do 18 miles to Bobblets Gap Shelter. We started the day off with a climb, but there were a lot of switch backs so it wasn’t that bad. It started to rain around noon for about 30 minutes. We’re entering that time of afternoon showers. Luckily the sun comes out after and dries you out quickly. We took a nice long break at a shelter around mile 11. This helped rejuvenate me for the rest of the day. Looked like it was suppose to rain again about 6pm, but luckily it just ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 77: Cautionary Zero

Taking another zero today in case I have a reaction. Didn’t get a fever or anything but didn’t have much energy. Spent the day in the room chilling. Surprisingly most of the other hikers I know did a 2nd zero as well, so it didn’t really set me back which feels nice.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 76: 2nd COVID Vaccine

Today’s goal is to get my 2nd COVID shot. Needs to be Moderna and so far every place I’ve called only has Phizer. Started the day slow since most places weren’t open yet on a Sunday. Had lunch at the Three Little Pigs and then went to Kroger to resupply. When I got back to the hotel there was a group getting a shuttle into Roanoke. I decided to jump on since I knew that was were I needed to get to find my shot. Finally found a CVS that had Moderna and could fit me in that day, so I got an Uber. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 75: McAfee Knob

A group is getting there packs brought to Daleville and then slack packing there. We decided to jump on that. It is 26 miles and we had originally planned to take 2 days to do that section, but I hear the terrain isn’t that bad. Plus I need to get my second COVID shot and will need to take 2 zeros for that, so this will make up time. We got started about 7:30am. Sun sets about 8:45pm, so we want to give ourselves as much time as we can so we’re not night hiking. Started out the day breezing through ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 8 of 596 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast