WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. June 19, 2015 Appalachian Trail start

Tomorrow starts our first day on the trail. We are going to section hike as far as we can in 8 days in Georgia. Cynthia, Andrew and I are very excited to start on our adventure.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. We all have to (re)start somewhere

I'm about as far from an all-year hiker as you can find. I definitely don't long hikes in the winter, and I don't even like to backpack in early spring or late fall.
    So how do I ensure that I'm ready for the rigors of The Trail after many months of avoiding it?

I presently have a three-step process to test everything:

Step 1) One night camping at a state park just a few hours from home. I force myself to use ONLY that stuff that I've placed in my backpack, ...

Updated 06-18-2015 at 22:31 by GoldenBear

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. First time hiking the AT

Quote Originally Posted by Eddi View Post
    Hello all, my daughter and I are doing a short hike on the AT for the first time. We are going to hike in Pennsylvania from Port Clinton to Lehigh GapBreak. Does it make a difference if we hike north to south or south to north? this my seem like a stupid question I just didn't know if there is preferred way to go for first trimmers. thanks or all your help
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Section Hike continues: Standing Bear to Damascus VA

This summer I plan to continue my section hike from Standing Bear Farm to Damascus VA. Videos of my previous sections can be found at https://www.youtube.com/user/rockwalker01. 14 Days on the trail for this section. This will be the longest hike I have ever been on. I'm gonna get to do some mail drops. Which is also a first for me.

I'm excited
    Rockwalker
  5. The Beginning

This is crazy, Ive registered for the Class of 2016! What am I thinking? Can a 59+ yr old woman with gadget Legs really think she has what it takes to walk form Georgia to Maine? Im going to give it my best and enjoy the journey every way I can.

My gear List...
    Pack: Osprey 65 Aura
    Tent: BA Fly Creek UL2 -- gonna exchange it for a Copper Spur UL3.
    Sleep Pad: REI AirRail
    Sleeping Bag: REI Igneo
    Stove: Jet Boil
    Water ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized