WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Troll's 2010 AT Journal

28 March 2010

Rate this Entry
28 March 2010, Hiawassee
Today they called for extreme thunderstorm warnings. I have decided to take a zero day (day off). I really don't want to take a zero day. It is going to be boring as hell sitting around in this room all day.

I made a trip to Ingles Supermarket to pick up some ibuprofen and some snacks; while I was there I applied and received one of their discount cards. It saved me $1.18. I also stopped at Rite Aid and got some epsom salt to soak my feet in. I went to the Corner Cafe at 11:35 am and had a great breakfast.

Hiawassee is a nice cozy little town. It might be a place I could settle down in someday. The Hiawassee Inn is a nice inexpensive place to stay in. I have a roommate tonight. He does not have a trail name yet and I forgot his first name.

I have to leave town rain or shine tomorrow. I have to be in Franklin the morning of April 1st. That gives me three days of hiking with no days under 11 miles per day. This should not be a problem.

The Inn is all full tonight now. It seems like everyone came in from the rain.

Tonight I went to Daniel's for dinner, it is an all you can eat buffet. I went with Desert Reprobate.

Ron Haven, the owner of the Inn started knocking on doors and asked if anyone wanted to go out for Mexican food tonight. I was full but went just to socialize. We got back late and then I sat in the office with Ron shoot the breeze for an hour or so.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
2010 thru hike

Comments