WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Most Popular Journals

1. Solio Hybrid 1000 Solar Charger review [PRE HIKE]

I recently purchased the Solio Hybrid 1000 Solar Charger. My purchase price was $49.95. I bought this for the purpose of recharging some of my electronics items during my thru hike in 2010. These items included my cell phone and two other items.

I plugged the Solio Hybrid 1000 into my USB port on my computer as the instruction stated and let the unit fully recharge. I waited until my cell phone got low and then plugged the unit into my cell phone and initiated the recharge process. ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  2. Suggestions for Senior Thru Hikers

Quote Originally Posted by Coosa View Post
    What I've learned as a Senior Citizen as I prepare for a Pre-Thru Hike ... hiking the North Half of the AT starting next month ...

1- Get your physical and talk to your doctor ... and a Sports Medicine Doctor like I have will do what he must to keep me active ... IE ... Steroid/Novocaine shots in my knees ... After I hike this 'half-a-Thru' he's talking about a referral to an Orthopedist and getting shots that will replace the meniscus missing in my knees. I have arthritis in my knees
  3. Done . . .

Not sure who-all might be keeping up with my journals, but wanted to let everybody know I've decided not to complete my through hike this year
    Tags: 1'", 1ˤˢ Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Who knew?

I never realized that WB had a journal section. Now I do.
    Tags: 1'", 1ˤˢ Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Peachtree City Trails via GAIA

Last Friday (and two weeks after extolling the value of an exercise program I found for hiking and mountaineering) I pulled a calf muscle on the last set of hill climbers. Great - nothing like two up and one back. As a consequence, I had to cancel a Saturday hike on the Peachtree City (PTC) trails with Polka Dot, my cycling coach's wife.

Following six days of RICE, I returned to the PTC trail along and enjoyed a relatively short hike with gear. The link here was the outbound leg; a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast