WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. The Greyhound

I am sitting at the bus station waiting on a bus to Cincinati. I just said goodbye to Nicky a little while ago. I am a total wreck. I miss him already and I have not even left town yet. I left my teddy bear at home too and decided that I needed the pack space for my crocs instead.
    I also left my iPad at home. I have had it less than a week, but everyone convinced me that it wasn't worth the weight.*The good news is that my pack with food weighs *21 lbs. *The bad news is that I will ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. help

by , 02-19-2012 at 22:31 (How to put a Coleman Dual Fuel 533 stove on low)
    Can you use heet in a Coleman dual fuel 533
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Squatch, Tetris, Jack Rabbit, Rambo

...while humming up Unicoi Turnpike, just north of Wilks Road and about 11 miles south of Hiawassee, Georgia. I saw the AT crossing sign first and then four hikers with a "Hiker to Town" sign about a moment later. We whipped into the turnout to the side of the road and I hopped out to see if there was anything we could do.

Frankly, I thought giving them a ride into town was out of the question since the car was loaded down with luggage, my gear (I had taken it down to Houston ...

Updated 02-20-2012 at 15:51 by bgood360

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 1 day till Lift off

I am getting all those butterflies and nervous feelings now that the time has come. I have decided to leave my new iPad at home and just use my phone to update everything. I am really going to miss my new toy, but it is just too much extra weight to carry. Boo hoo. I hope it won’t be lonely sitting at home waiting for me. Lol
    I am going to miss Espn and Nicholas so much. I hope Nicky can come to trail days but I am not going to count on it so I don’t get disappointed. I already know that he ...

Updated 02-19-2012 at 13:04 by Turtle*

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Stopped by Amicalola SP and Lodge Today

I'm taking my own sweet time driving back from Houston to North Carolina and made some time to drive up to Amicalola State Park and Lodge. If my impending hike wasn't real enough before today, it definitely is now. There's nothing like seeing a sign with "Hiker Check-in" to let you know this is where the fun begins.

I have reservations at the Lodge for the night before I start the Approach Trail, thinking that I would like to explore the park before hitting the trail. The ...

Updated 02-20-2012 at 15:51 by bgood360

Categories
    Uncategorized