WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Gave my notice

I made the next step forward today towards my thru hike. I turn in my notice at work this morning. 26 Feb is my last day of work. I am stepping a little closer to the point of no return.

I have been very nervous in the past but that is starting to change now. I am getting very excited about starting now. I cannot wait. I don’t think it can come fast enough now.

I am going to start working out a little more now that the time is getting closer. I am working out more ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  2. hey

Hey my name is kendall and im sixteen years old.I grew up in the rockies and am famalair with those mtns. at least.I intend to hike the apps. I want to start late spring early summerish.However i want to spend less than a thousand dollars,do you guys think this is possible,I already have a pack,and as i homeless and hitch hiked from denver to oklahoma city,i know how to survive cheap,and i intend to survive on the minumum to take in the full beauty of the situation.I live in tampa fl. Tell me,is ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Returing pack and hair cut coming

I got my new pack today. I should say the right size pack today. I ordered the wrong size the first time. I really love this pack. The hip belt is a problem for me though. It is too wide for me. I am bummed because I really like the pack. The width of the belt does not feel right on me but the pockets on it are awesome.

It looks like I am going to stick with starting out with my Osprey Aether 70. I like that pack as well but the hip belt also presents a slight problem. There are ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  4. leaving feb. 21 2010

i'm 29 years old have wanted to do this trail for along time. i'm not in the best of shape but i'm not in the worst. i plan on a thru hike this ole southern boy hasn't got the equiptment or health as some other hikers but hopefully i will learn alot about living and living well, look foward to making new friends and enjoying the solitude at the same time. so if your on the trail this year and hear someone whistling say hi but remember i'm just passing thru. god bless and have a good trip. i plan ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The AT in PA

I am hiking the AP this spring and want to end at the PA/NJ border. I have a good 9 days to hike. Can anyone reccomend a good starting point?
    Categories
    Uncategorized