WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Bouncy

1. On a budget food for my thru SOBO?

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncy View Post
    Hello,
    I am going SOBO in July 2013 and need to keep my food budget on the cheap. Plan to supply on the go. How much should I put aside for each day and what is good, cheap and readily available down the whole trail? I am trying to keep my purchase food budget to $2500 or less for the entire thru (not including any resteraunt meals).
    Thanks,
    Bouncy
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Next Step

Hello Again Everyone,

Today I took my next step, I joined a gym. It is November 6 and by June 6, 7 months from now, I will go from my current weight of 345 to no more than 225. I will put everything I can into getting ready for this hike. This will be my first hike but I do not plan for it to be my last. This is not just about doing something huge it is about changing my life.

Ok, maybe it is actually becoming what I was one more time. When I was younger, in my teens ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Planning for SOBO 2013

Hello,

I have not written one of these and did not want to start until I was fairly certain I was going to do this. I am one of those all or nothing sort of guys. I have never really been hiking before and decided I am going to hike the AT.

My wife passed away last year, May of 2011, and during my withdrawal I needed something to focus on to get me through the hard times. I remembered hearing about the AT and starting doing research. I decided last year I was going ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized