WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

KingGator and Sons

Appalachian Trail Journal Entry #14 - A Change in Plans...

Rate this Entry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	422038_186751294809462_1478935092_n.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	21389
Well, things have changed since my last entry and I have finally decided to write about it and talk about it. Well, the last time anyone saw me on here, I was dealing with a lot of trolling from people on these sites because of my size, lack of experience, arrogance, and confidence.Well, some of that bothered me and some of that got me thinking. I will say that some of it did some good. I decided to put off my AT thru-hike until 2014 with my sons. I have decided that I need to plan for longer than I did before.I also decided to get some practice in and lose a little weight before the AT.

How am I going to do that? Well, the answer is simple....The FLORIDA TRAIL.

I never knew that Florida even had trails as I am new to Florida from Indiana. I just moved here in 2012 and didn't even know they had a trail. Well, they do and it is 1,400 miles. Now, I admit that the Florida trail will not get me prepared for the mountains of the AT, but it will definitely get me and my sons used to hiking in general. I will be able to see how gear does! I will be able to see how our feet hold up. Most importantly, I will be able to see how my children handle a hike of this nature prior to the AT. If they cannot handle the Florida Trail, they cannot handle the AT. Same thing with me now that I think about it.

This experience will be valuable as I will learn how to survive out there without the dangers of the weather, mountains, etc...

If you are an official sponsor of us, we will hold onto our agreement and take your brand along with us for both trails. I am sorry that I have been absent for the last month, but a lot has been going on and making this decision was difficult.

I am excited that I am going to join the Florida Trail Association and make this hike this year.
I will continue to make our videos and journal entries from this point forward. Thank you to everyone that has supported us since the beginning. To all of the haters, you can love life again, because I AM BACK....lol
Thank you to everyone for your advice and I look forward to showing you all this trail and journey prior to the AT next year. I have also decided to let the trail name us. We will not be selecting trail names until they are chosen for us.

So, 2013 = Florida Trail
2014 = Appalachian Trail
Lets get it!
John G. Collins (Formerly known as King Gator/JB)

Updated 04-30-2013 at 18:44 by KingGator and Sons

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments