WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

jamie-Lonewolf

1. Up date

Well, what an interesting trip I had. I met some really nice NOBO's & SOBO's on my way south, you guys rock. I learned a new way to cook Ramen, . But I had to leave the trail at the end of Shenandoah NP. for a back condition that I have. I made it much further that I ever thought I would and seen things that made my cry. Well - I am a woman after all. I hope to some day return to the App. for more abuse to my body with a friend. It can get very lonely all by yourself. That I was not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Start date

I will be boarding a Grayhound in Columbus on the 5th, April and heading as close to the trail as I can. Harrisburg Pa. is the closest place, maybe take a cab to start point from there. I have made some serious weight reductions to my pack and have presorted so many times that I cant think of anything else that can be done. I have the best gear that I can affort and lets just say that old school works just fine. Yeah it a bit heavier but it works and thats what counts.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Getting Started

Hey all, This is my basic introduction. I am not new to backpacking or hiking but I am new to the App. Ever since I was little and heard about the trail I have always wanted to do any part of it. Sometimes life gets in the way of dreams and now that I am 45 its time to live it. The oppourtunity has presented itself and I'm going. Dont care how long it takes or where I end up.
    My plan is to start in Central Penn. and head south to Springer Mountain. Who knows I may even end up doing the flip ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized