WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. AT Year 9 Section Hike

Here is a link to my journal entry for this past summer's AT section hike: Bear Mountain-Harriman SP, NY to Williamstown, MA

http://tbmmoe.blogspot.com/p/at-year-9-section.html
    Tags: 1'", 1ˤˢ Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Three Ridges Wilderness AT – Maupin Field Shelter Harpers Creek Shelter

This is an outstanding 14.5 mile loop hike that takes you from the parking at Reeds Gap South along the Appalachian Trail through the Three Ridges Wilderness and then back via the blue blazed Mau-Har Trail along Campbell Creek. The return via the Mau-Har Trail is very difficult at the top (North) end as you work your way back to the Maupin Field Shelter. Both the Maupin Field Shelter and the Harpers Creek Shelter have outstanding water and tent sites. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. March 1, 2020 [3Jul17]

,,, because I like to plan ahead ...

2020 metaphor for fore-sight [?]

I had the pleasure of reading Awol's, Grandma's, and Earl's hiking adventure in '16 (seems so long ago) and got the bug. Then LIFE struck. Now it's almost nine months later and a very good friend brought up the subject: my dream got reignited!

There is plenty of time for me to test some essential gear, learn a few things, start drawing social security, retire from work, then go for a walk. ...

Updated 07-07-2017 at 17:02 by Click (edit)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Who knew?

I never realized that WB had a journal section. Now I do.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. WordPress Blog vs. WhiteBlaze

I activated this journal on 14 March 2016 and have posted but one blog since - a re-post of another so it would be handy. In the meantime I developed a plan to depart Springer in Feb 2017, and am confident it is workable - after all, I had adhered to my project management methodology. Triple constraints, etc., etc. And thanks to scores of folks with great ideas and to the Conservancy for its contributions. I am set.

Well, I thought I was set until Dave, a friend that Scamper ...

Updated 11-22-2016 at 13:53 by MadRanger

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast