WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

• Law for Backpackers

LAW FOR BACKPACKERS 101

The file that is "attached" here is the final version of my full Law for Backpackers 101 article, that began as a series of summarizations of topics with a lot of message debate in the "Straight Forward" Forum. It's in Adobe PDF format, which is easy to open, but if you can't, it is probably because you don't have Adobe "Reader." If that's the case, it's available on the Internet for free at Adobe.com.

If anyone has suggestions, I welcome them, and comments about anything in here - pro or con - are welcome.

I'd also appreciate you voting in the Poll above. It helps me with considering revisions.

I hope this is useful to you. Thanks for letting me try.

The Weasel
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Law for Backpackers started by The Weasel View original post
    Comments 130 Comments
      The Weasel -
      At the top of your screen should be a blue heading, "Click here to read the entire article." That will take you to the top of the thread. Then you should see, on the left side, a heading "Law for Backpackers 101" showing it is a PDF file. Click on that and it will open.

TW
      Rain Man -
      Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
      At the top of your screen should be a blue heading, "Click here to read the entire article." That will take you to the top of the thread. Then you should see, on the left side, a heading "Law for Backpackers 101" showing it is a PDF file. Click on that and it will open.
      At the top of my screen? No such thing/link that I see. Shall I do a screen capture and email it to you? Would that help?

Rain Man

max patch -
      Rain Man, the link is just above the green "articles menu" top left. Works for me in both firefox and explorer.
      mudhead -
      Won't open for me either. Safari.

Tried to get at it from the home page also. Dumps me to login page.
      max patch -
      Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
      Rain Man, the link is just above the green "articles menu" top left. Works for me in both firefox and explorer.
      Also works in Google Chrome.
      Tuckahoe -
      Hey Weasle as requested reposting some remarks here --

I read your article and realize that from a legal standpoint, as well as the reality that there are 50 different state laws to contend with, but I was wishing there was more to section #5 on weapons. You may want to note for example that Federal law will change in February 2010 to bring National Park Service regulations on weapons in line with state laws making concealed weapons legal in NPS sites located states where concealed carry is legal.

Also I know this is only for Virginia, but here is a link to the Virginia State Police website on firearms -- http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms.shtm. From that link there is information on what states Virginia grants reciprocity or recognition for permit holders from other states. There is a link on Virginia laws pretaining to firearms.
      Rain Man -
      I use FireFox, but I don't even see a "green articles menu top left."

Any way to do a screen capture and email it to me? Maybe your screen set-up is somehow different than mine?

Rain Man

max patch -
      I'm sorry, but I don't have a clue how to do that.
      The Weasel -
      I'm sorry, but I don't have a clue how to do that.
      I'll send you a PM with instructions.

TW
      The Weasel -
      "Law for Backpackers 101" is not available online at this time. If anyone wishes a copy, please email The Weasel at: [email protected]

The Weasel