• Random Images

• Rusty’s Hard Time Hallow is currently reopened

Rusty’s Hard Time Hollow in Virginia 16.7 miles south of Rockfish Gap is currently up for sale.

Rusty has had health issues recently and will be moving once his property has sold. He has listed it with a realtor and there is a promotional website. You can view the listing and see a video online at www.rustyshardtimehollow.com.

Rusty wants 2019 hikers to visit since this might be his final year owning the property. He especially would like to see previous hikers and friends.

This is one of the original AT hostels from days past; visit before it becomes history.

Call and talk to Rusty at 540-377-9742 if you have questions or would like to visit or stay.

To get to Rusty’s from Maupin Field Shelter turn left on fire road (just north of Maupin Field Shelter), walk 1.2 miles west to the Blue Ridge Parkway, then turn left (south), walk or hitch the parkway 1.3 miles to Rusty’s driveway on the left, at BRP mile 16.7. Gravel driveway has a gray, pipe gate with Rusty’s name and AT stickers on one end. Thru-hikers and section hikers are welcome. The no-trespassing signs are for the non-hikers. Rustic hostel includes a cabin, bunkhouse, springhouse, outhouse, rainwater shower, tent sites available. Shuttles to Waynesboro occasionally and back to the fire road, if you pitch in for gas. Rides to nearby Sherando Lake for swimming during hot weather. Donations for stay are encouraged. No illegal drugs permitted on the premises.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Rusty’s Hard Time Hallow is currently reopened started by attroll View original post
  • Recent RSS feeds

WhiteBlaze

Why one Northampton County town is taking action to protect the Appalachian Trail fro

Why one Northampton County town is taking action to protect the Appalachian Trail from pipelines and cellphone  Allentown Morning CallIn

WhiteBlaze 09-13-2019, 10:40 Go to last post
    WhiteBlaze

Double murder on the Appalachian Trail: Remembering the horrific crime 29 years later

Double murder on the Appalachian Trail: Remembering the horrific crime 29 years later  PennLive.comGeoff Hood and Molly LaRue were murdered

WhiteBlaze 09-12-2019, 05:50 Go to last post
  • Newest Images

• Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

There are currently 2258 users online. 5 members and 2253 guests

Most users ever online was 9,543, 12-23-2015 at 12:06.

1. goetzc,
    2. HandyRandy,
    3. KeithEmady,
    4. Pisurfen

User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Treehugger

Zpacks Arc Blast 55L-Med

Thread Starter: Treehugger

I am selling my very lightly used Arc Blast. I bought it used from ZPacks but only used it twice. It has a new medium belt and two belt pouches. Everything

Last Post By: ryryry131313 Yesterday, 22:40 Go to last post
    John B

Why buy when you can rent?

Thread Starter: John B

The Sunday edition (9-16-19) of the NY TIMES, Travel section, has an article on renting hiking and camping gear. https://nyti.ms/2URSXLJ

Last Post By: gpburdelljr Yesterday, 22:11 Go to last post
    Traveler

Electric bicycles soon to be in National Parks, Forests, BLM lands?

Thread Starter: Traveler

This may be old news, but I just caught this today, a current administration order will allow electric bikes (E-Bikes) onto trails in National Parks,

Last Post By: stephanD Yesterday, 19:56 Go to last post
    BenK

Topo maps for unpopular areas?

Thread Starter: BenK

Can someone suggest where or how to obtain topo maps for local/unpopular hiking areas? I am specifically looking for Ma and RI. I would like to practice

Last Post By: BenK Yesterday, 19:54 Go to last post
    stephanD

New AT memoir

Thread Starter: stephanD

A new AT memoir is out. A real gem. Derrick "Mr. Fabulous" Lugo, a NYC guy with no hiking or camping experience, takes on the AT in "The

Last Post By: stephanD Yesterday, 17:59 Go to last post
    Pony

Dehydrated veggies.

Thread Starter: Pony

I found some dehydrated veggies at the co-op in hanover in 2010 that were really good, but can't remember the brand name. Not so concerned with the brand

Last Post By: illabelle Yesterday, 16:05 Go to last post