User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Big_Old_Dog

Training tips for ultra cyclist converting to backpacker??

Thread Starter: Big_Old_Dog

Could anyone please guide me to training advice (trying to convert myself from a cyclist to a somewhat speedy 62 year old backpacker)?

Last Post By: Big_Old_Dog Today, 16:50 Go to last post
    Greggs

Standing Indian Loop Trail Update

Thread Starter: Greggs

Looks like the GSMNP area is very crowded and I've heard the Foothills trail is the same way. I'm hoping to head towards WNC for some days on the trail

Last Post By: daddytwosticks Today, 15:32 Go to last post
    Mongoskater99

Port Clinton to boiling springs

Thread Starter: Mongoskater99

Getting ready for my first backpacking trip. Iím planning on going sobo from port Clinton to boiling springs. Iíve done a lot of research, have my gear

Last Post By: igost Today, 15:24 Go to last post
    TwoSpirits

In Search Of....

Thread Starter: TwoSpirits

I'm wanting a DCF stuff sack of certain dimensions, and a couple of brief forays into the wilds of the internet hasn't been productive. There are dozens

Last Post By: TwoSpirits Today, 13:47 Go to last post
    saltysack

Anyone having issues with guthooks app account?

Thread Starter: saltysack

I canít sign into my account even after changing password. Emailed them for help last week but no response. In the past they have been quick to respond.

Last Post By: ldsailor Today, 13:36 Go to last post
    CrumbSnatcher

Colorado Thru Hike

Thread Starter: CrumbSnatcher

For those that have hiked the CT, Did you Plan/show up to Colorado early before the hike to try to acclimate to the elevation before hiking? few days

Last Post By: cvontagen Today, 12:15 Go to last post