User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

bert304

Z-Packs Arc Air Pack?

Thread Starter: bert304

I currently use an Osprey Kestrel 48 liter. My question is, Is the Z-Packs Arc Air pack worth the cost. I am a weekender and vacation hiker. The weight

Last Post By: TS-WNY Today, 01:17 Go to last post
    Walking Nature World

Discovering the most beautiful medieval town of Italy – San Gimignano -Via Francigena

Thread Starter: Walking Nature World

It was the 7th day of Via Francigena trail when we hiked around 15 kms from Gambassi Terme to the town San Gimignano.

Watch the

Last Post By: Maydog Yesterday, 23:43 Go to last post
    Bubblehead

Camp shoes?

Thread Starter: Bubblehead

For LASH, camp shoes or no camp shoes? Trying to decrease my base weight. Is leaving camp shoes out worth the decreased weight? My camp shoes are 9 oz....

Last Post By: Fredt4 Yesterday, 21:18 Go to last post
    chknfngrs

Dream Hike?

Thread Starter: chknfngrs

I just picked out a route on the AT that would be my dream: from my house, walk to Harper’s Ferry along the C&O canal towpath. Turn right on the AT,

Last Post By: 4shot Yesterday, 20:10 Go to last post
    Koolade

Budget Shakedown

Thread Starter: Koolade

Hello,

I am currently planning my thru hike of the AT. A big part of the planning is around the budget. I have never completed a thru hike,

Last Post By: Koolade Yesterday, 20:06 Go to last post
    Majortrauma

Scaring Bears

Thread Starter: Majortrauma

This is a lot more expensive than Bear spray (approx $200.00) but I think this would be an exceptionally effective way to scare away bears that may have

Last Post By: Coffee Yesterday, 19:27 Go to last post