User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

standingindian

caretaker wanted NC

Thread Starter: standingindian

looking for a winter caretaker(s) on remote farm close to the AT in Nantahala NC. Maybe someone in this hiking community would be interested??

Last Post By: standingindian Today, 15:21 Go to last post
    WMR

Smokies in 3 Days?

Thread Starter: WMR

Wondering what the trail is like through the Smokies. Not elevation gain/loss, I can see that on the map. Wondering if the trail allows for fast miles

Last Post By: HooKooDooKu Today, 15:02 Go to last post
    JNI64

Hiker shape

Thread Starter: JNI64

a couple of us on another thread have discussed how we are staying in shape. If you don't live close to enough to utilize trails how do you stay in hiking

Last Post By: Five Tango Today, 14:34 Go to last post
    Mouser999

Cheshire Ma Campsite

Thread Starter: Mouser999

Is the campsite that was proposed for hikers open/ready in Chesire Ma? There was some discussion of moving from near the rail trail to the closed school

Last Post By: Mouser999 Today, 13:27 Go to last post
    DuneElliot

Lake District (UK), July 2020: A Quiet Day and an Iconic Crag (Trip report and video)

Thread Starter: DuneElliot

***Please bear in mind that the lower quality of the footage from my first three videos is only because I wanted to be sure I enjoyed creating content

Last Post By: DuneElliot Today, 13:22 Go to last post
    attroll

**MISSING*** Brian Kenneth Jolley Sr. AKA "Pete" or "No pain"

Thread Starter: attroll

***MISSING*** Brian Kenneth Jolley Sr. AKA "Pete" or "No pain" was last seen December 1 or 2, 2019 in Manassas, Virginia but could

Last Post By: PennyPincher Today, 13:19 Go to last post