WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Katahdin to Kakadjo Road ME October 3-9, 2018 din

Pearisburg to Daleville

Rate this Entry
10/12-18 2011

VA Pearisburg to Daleville (I-81)

With Bruce and Hal

Leave car at Daleville; get dropped at Pearisburg October 12 (Dinner) Depart either Richmond or Nellysford Drive to Pearisburg/Roite 634 Hike 8 miles to RICE MTN SHELTER Dinner at shelter; lunch at Pearisburg October 13 (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) Started at11:15am Hike 11.2 to Sims Meadow and tent camped near an apple orchard. Real sour small crab apples! Water available @ 5miles and 12 miles Lunch @Peters Mtn October 14 (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) Hiked 20 miles to WAR SPUR SHELTER on the way we had bolder fields and rocky trailridge. This was a bad weather day with rain and wind at night arriving at 8:45 to meet Hal. October 15 Hiked19 miles from NIDAY SHELTER (big elevation day) Water and Lunch@ SARVER HOLLOW SHELTER Hiked past the Audie Murphy monument on top of cleared ridge. When we started ascending Dragons Tooth at dusk a storm approached and Hal adamantly refused to go further and told us to keep going because he felt he needed to rest. 2 Mile and I ascended Dragons Tooth and descended down steep rocks and to the road to Catawba. We hiked making a left on the road to a convenience store and then called Joe's Hostel. While waiting we demolished hamburgers. October 16 Hiked 17 miles to STEALTH CAMP SITE NEAR NORTH MTN TRAIL Ate lunch at PICKLE BRANCH SHELTER October 17 Hiked 16.3 to LAMBERTS MTN SHELTER Ate lunch at CAMPBELL SHELTER October 18 Hiked 10 miles to Daleville and OUT! Very dry dusty section with exposed trail. No water stops on last leg!

Updated 11-21-2016 at 16:56 by MIA

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized