WhiteBlaze Pages
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
$10 for printed copy(paperback). $6 for interactive PDF. $2 for printable PDF.
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed


Day 9: Change of Plans

Rate this Entry
Got up about 8am this morning to rain and my tent was in a good 2 in puddle. Stayed relatively dry considering. Packed up my gear and hung out in the shelter until about 10:30am since my shuttle wasnít until 2pm. It was interesting to hear everyoneís plans on how to beat the weather. Go into town, stay at the shelter or hike on and hope there will be room at the next shelter. This is my first deviation from plan and I would be lying if I didnít say that it doesnít bother me to be delayed, but Iím out here to have fun not be miserable. Caught a break in the weather at 10:30 and hiked down with Papa Bear and Close Enough. Their shuttle driver (an eccentric Aussie fellow) offered me a ride into Hiawassee, so at least I could wait out of the rain. Had a very nice lunch at Taco Bell that was much appreciated. Finally got picked up and taken to my B&B where I could shower, do laundry and hang up my wet things. With it continuing to rain I doubt my tent will dry before tomorrow and the high is maybe 40 and low in the teens, so I may take another night in town to be safe. I donít have micro spikes for my shoes, so if the trails icy from the rain I wouldnít be too prepared.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AE83B9E7-4503-4491-9808-06043646BBC3.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	47648Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6D991AAC-5E6D-4EED-BB69-C8D234792249.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	47649Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9D717184-5819-4A26-BC7B-6C2EF2B22D2E.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	47650
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags