WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Dirk's Rambles

July 2, 2021

Rate this Entry
Stayed in the hostel at Pine Grove Furnace State Park last night. It was in the Iron Masters Mansion. It was nice though the hostel manager didn't get there until later in the evening. We went to the General Store but didn't participate in the traditional eating of the ice cream. The tradition is that hikers eat 1/2 gallon of ice cream to celebrate reaching the 1/2 way point on the trail. I, instead, ordered a sandwich and large fries. The fries were much, much larger than I thought and couldn't finish them, if you can believe that.

We went on our way for what ended up being a 19.2 mile day. Much of the last part of the trail was through farm land and into Boiling Springs. It was an easy walk through the second part of the hike. We decided to get a shuttle to Carlisle and a hotel. Theresa is coming in on Sunday to spend a few hours with me. TwoKnee and I are going to slack pack the trail south from Carlisle to Boiling Springs tomorrow. We will take a zero on July 4th to spend the day with Theresa. Really looking forward to it!
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized