WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Troll's 2010 AT Journal

Hair length

Rate this Entry
Had something interesting happen to me at work the other day, I was told that my hair was long enough where I now needed to where it up. If is just starting to touch my shoulders. I knew this was coming and was prepared for it. I had one of my hiking buffs stowed away in my tool box for this day. I chuckled when they told me. I don’t think they realized that I was not going to cut my hair.

I normally do not let my hair grow. I usually keep it just over the ears or shorter. I started letting it grow this past summer because I wanted to see how long it would be after my six month thru hike. After six months had passed I decided to go one more month. After seven months I figured what the heck, I might as well let it grow until after my thru hike. Maybe it will be long enough to donate it to Locks of Love. If it is long enough I will. If it is very close then I will let it grow until it is the right length. I need to find out what the right length is for donating.

I have never had my hair longer than the bottom of my ear lobe and that was in high school. This is really strange to me having it this long. I like it but I feel sort of like I am out of place. I am just use to having short hair.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
2010 Pre Hike blogs

Comments

Hi Attroll,

I was just laughing reading you post. I have hair down almost to my belt, and I have always had long hair,but I figured it would be a pain to deal with on the trail(my wife always braids it for me now),so I made plans with a friend who's a hairdresser to cut most of it off to donate to locks of love.You need at least 10" to donate, I have way more than enough. I think next weekend is time to cut!!! OH NO!!!