WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

IamCONDOR

trail angels please give me a gregory deva backpack! :)

Rate this Entry
so i drove 2 hours today to the nearest REI (yes i live in the middle of no where) to try on backpacks. OOOF course the one that fits me the best is $270 and is named the gregory DEVA! The worker that was helping me said "its interesting that the Deva fits you the best"..i was like hey whats that suppose to mean?! lol! he loaded it up and i walked around the store, he asked me how much weight i though was in it.. i said maybe 15lbs.. he had actually put 30lbs in it. It was a breeze carrying it when im used to my hand me down backpack that doesn't fit right! i fought off the temptation to just immediately buy it and be done with one more big gear related decision.. but i decided to shop around some more, i cant imagine a backpack fitting me better than the gregory deva though.. downside is that its 5 lbs.. but the comfort will probably make up for the xtra pound or two. i just got my marmot rain jacket in the mail.. i like it alot.. still looking for my fleece jacket, cookware, and rainpants.. still deciding what to do about boots/shoes, i have my long underwear, regular underwear, smartwool hat and socks, water proof gloves, petzl tikka xp headlamp.. i have a tent i can take if i dont find anything else but its too heavy for my liking... aaaahh so much to do in so little time.. but it'll all be worth it in the long run now i have to write a persuasive/research paper that due tomorrow and i haven't started it yet..aaaahhh
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments