WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

DebbieinNH

Hiking the AT in 2011 by Hiker Chick

Rate this Entry
As the time grows near for my thru hike of the At all kinds of thoughts rush through my head. Have I forgotten anything? Am I prepared? What more can I do? Can I cut anything else from my pack? How am I going to be treated by other hiker?

It all comes down to the jitters and anticipatory buzz I think. I know I can do this and doubt given New Hampshire's harsh winter this year if I could have done much more. I am packed and ready to go. We leave her in just a few weeks and I wish it was tomorrow. I am so ready for the south.

This hike is going to be the culmination of a life long dream for me. From early childhood when my father took me out and introduced me to the woods and nature I have been enthralled. The song of birds in the morning. The smells of the woods, pines rain, leaves, the breezes flitting through the trees all call to me. If you are a dedicated nature buff you understand what I mean. I plan to travel at a pace which will see me to the other end in 4.5 to 6 months. My co conspiritor on this hike, Chaplain will be updating my trail journal and keeping me on track from home.

Hike on !
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awesome, best of luck to you! I get the pre hike "jitters" as well, but as soon as my feet hit the trail I know I'm home.