WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

DBCFlash

Down Mt Prospect and on to the Housatonic

Rate this Entry
Awoke with the sunrise after dreaming of bears grunting and rustling in the leaves. Turns out it was my friends snoring and the rustle of his synthetic sleeping bag. Made my coffee, my breakfast and repacked my pack. Somehow my stuff seemed twice as large and my pack seemed a foot taller than yesterday. The trek back up the waterfall from Limestone Spring shelter was a little intimidating, but this time I slowed down and took in the beautiful, cascading waterfall. Up seemed much easier than down. We got back into the white blazes and set out for Pine Swamp Shelter, our next layover.
This section included some man-made sights. The water at the dam was very high and we could feel the energy and intensity of the raging water. It also generated a cold, damp breeze. We zipped up, snapped some pics and headed on.
We passed an utterly massive stone wall beside an ancient, but very well maintained hydro-electric plant. The trail led to a pretty little town park then wandered back into the woods, beside the Housatonic river. We could see evidence that the water had been much, much higher in previous days and I doubt we could have crossed the little streams had we been there just a few days earlier.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments