WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Troll's 2010 AT Journal

10 April 2010

Rate this Entry
10 April 2010, Locust Cove Gap
Left NOC at 10 this morning and arrived here at 6 pm. This was what I consider my hardest day on the trail to date. Going out of NOC was a uphill climb for a constant 6 miles and this is not an exaggeration.

We ran into a hiker today named Country. We had heard some stories about him from other hikers and we were a little leery of him so we moved on.

We ran into Snowman and Escargo who we camping on Cheoah Bald and they decided to stop and spend the night on the bald. I wanted to but was concerned that the wind may pick up and the temps would drop and it would get really cold. We moved on to where we are now. I was hoping to run into John and Just Lisa but Buz who was here setting up his tent said they left 1\2 hour ago to do move up another mile, bummer.

After leaving town today I had a severe gas problem. I noticed this the last time I left a trail town. It must have something to do with eating foods that are anything other than dehydrated foods and trail foods that are causing the gas issue.

I am shooting for Cable Gap shelter tomorrow which is 11.6 miles. That would get me into Fontana Dam on Monday with only 5.5 miles to hike in the morning. I should be able to get there before 11 in the morning. That would give us all time to get our mail drop boxes, do laundry, get some real food from a restaurant and head back to the Fontana Hilton (shelter).

Hopper was able to walk with her boots on all day today. This is a good thing. She had to stop once to tend to her blisters but she was able to put her boots back on.

Ben hurt his back left paw today. He has a small tear on one of the foot pads. Hopper put some Neosporin on it and wrapped with one of her bandanas. He walk with it wrapped all day. I was surprised that he did not try to get it off.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1899.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	767.0 KB 
ID:	11147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1900.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	710.6 KB 
ID:	11148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1902.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	751.8 KB 
ID:	11149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1905.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	701.3 KB 
ID:	11150   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1907.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	716.2 KB 
ID:	11151  

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
2010 thru hike

Comments