WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Troll's 2010 AT Journal

Solio Hybrid 1000 Solar Charger review [PRE HIKE]

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
I recently purchased the Solio Hybrid 1000 Solar Charger. My purchase price was $49.95. I bought this for the purpose of recharging some of my electronics items during my thru hike in 2010. These items included my cell phone and two other items.

I plugged the Solio Hybrid 1000 into my USB port on my computer as the instruction stated and let the unit fully recharge. I waited until my cell phone got low and then plugged the unit into my cell phone and initiated the recharge process. I let this process run for over five hours. The whole time this was going on the charge meter on my cell phone never move one bit. In that time frame it should have move a little. On a wall charger or a USB port my cell phone would have recharge in less than two hours.

I find this unit completely useless for what it was intended for. It is either a faulty unit or just a completely useless piece of junk. I do not have the time a patients to get it replaced to possibly find out the replacement might not work either. I will just return it for a refund.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
2010 Pre Hike blogs

Comments