WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Troll's 2010 AT Journal

18 August 2010

Rate this Entry
18 August 2010, USFS 71
When we were getting ready to head out this morning Bluesky told me that Bismarck had the dry heaves. They are going to take a zero day. They are also going to move to a different motel because she thinks this motel is a dump. I don't think it is that bad. I have stayed at worse places then this along the trail.

The morning started out cool with clear skies. I can tell now that within the next two weeks that the morning starts are going to be brisk. I have a feeling that the Whites are going to be cold.

At the start of this hike it was something I knew I was going to regret. I was right in my thinking, I regret it. I hurt all over, I am sore, tired, exhausted, miserable, depressed, and I do not ever want to do miles like this again. In fact I refuse to do miles like this again. If there is a section that I have to slack pack like this again where I have no option but to do big miles I will consider skipping it. While doing this today the thing that laid heavy on my mind was quitting and going home. I hated having that feeling of wanting to quit. I am sure that will pass by morning, I hope.

When I got back to the motel tonight Chili and Pepper where here checking in. After they checked in and showered we all went to Burger King. I got a kick as I watched a young couple’s expression. The couple was watching Pepper and Chili walk out. I put myself in their shoes, thinking what it would be like not knowing anything about the AT community. It would seem strange to see a father and son walk into a Burger King in kilts that looked more like dresses.

Tomorrow I will be in Manchester and I have reservations at The Green Mountain House hostel.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4795.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	645.7 KB 
ID:	12943   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4760.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	727.5 KB 
ID:	12944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4762.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	664.2 KB 
ID:	12945   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4764.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	673.9 KB 
ID:	12946   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4767.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	726.4 KB 
ID:	12947  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4768.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	710.6 KB 
ID:	12948   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4792.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	697.0 KB 
ID:	12949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4793.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	760.0 KB 
ID:	12950   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4794.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	662.8 KB 
ID:	12951  
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
2010 thru hike

Comments