WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

first 4 days

Rate this Entry
The first day has been surreal! Got lost on the way to the trail and only had made to make 3 uturns to get it right. The hug good bye to my father almost brought tears to my eyes.

Off to the top of the springer for the first .9 miles was just an annoyance. I wanted to start what I had been planning for 5+ months.

The view out from the top was and early morning fog and snapped some photos before taking off for the start! Made a phone call to someone special, then jotted a message in the register, and we were off back down springer.

Meeting lots of people as we hiked along for the next 12 miles was very nice and met our first trail angle Stan the man! He truely is, brought us pizza!

second day-
Well if the trail has pattern to get better and better then by the end of it ill be able to walk on water. Trail magic has struck me twice today! I feel spoiled to sAy the least. First was a coke, banana, clemintines and cup cakes, then not ten mins up the trail was blessed again to recieve a bag of candy!
Further up the trail at woodys gap we found a fun rock formation and was able to solo a few things about 15 feet high. If the rock today keeps showing up ill be requesting my climbing shoes rather soon.
Get to camp was refreshing after washing myself off and eating a brownie my mother cooked me before I left. Spilt some food which is never fun but ill live. Shakspere built a nice fire and we listen to him tell jokes for an hour or so. Helped take everyones mind of what's a head for a lil. Lots it gear talk was brought up. Nick and I are making people jealously with our light packs. I feel a sense of pride when I anounce my pack weight. After all I spent hours beyond hours on every single piece of gear, so I'm proud. Nothing is funnier for me to show off my gear let's just hope it gets me where I'm going.

3rd/4th

The third was good we awoke from sleeping cowboy style(no tent) and got out of camp rather fast for our short 7 miles to neels gap which included a decent hike up blood mountain for our best view yet. Up there we found a great bouldering route a solid V1 with bear feat. We hike down into neels gap and picked up my mail drop and sent home my rain coat and my long sleeve button up. Bought a burrito and booked our room bunks for the night. The burrito was small and did not fill me so I ran up stairs and got a bag of instant potatoes, when I over heard a church group was coming around 6 with dinner! They brought mac n cheese, honey chicken, bbq'd beans, pineapple saseuge, and brownies to top it off with! I finished my first plate before people even got there first. Delightful the food was but to sleep in a room with 16 other hikers was a bad call. Constant snorring kept me up until I went to sleep on the recliner in the common area.
The forth day started at 6am and we were out on the trail before sunrise at 6:30. We aimed for 18 to get to blue mountain so we could have an easy day the next of 12 miles. We ended up going 22 miles and it was worth it. I got wind of some trail magic ahead when we were about 7miles away from the guys cooking the hot dogs. I picked up my paced and was cruising along until I ran into a guy who let me know I was still 5 miles out from the free food. My spirits dropped and we just trudged along till we got to rocky shelter and made some food. I got my energy levels back up and wanting to make it to the boy scouts in time decided we make a push to blue Mt and get closer. On the way down we actually made it time for hot dogs and soda. it was a grand time. After we ate some more we got going to get to blue mountain and made a fire went to bed nice and early!
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds like you are having a BLAST. Cheering from Bensalem (NE Philly)!