WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Airman

Hike to Damascus

Rate this Entry
UPDATED: DECEMBER 29, 2012
I have hiked the AT from Springer Mtn to Newfound Gap in the Smokies in four different hikes in the past two years. Will continue my journey to Damascus in Apr 2013 with my hiking partner, Atlas, who I met on the trail. I'm not sure how far I will go from there. My initial goal was hiking the trail through Ga. but now have extended it to completing the Southern Appalachians to Damascus, Va.. I'm sure that I will go across Mt. Rogers b/c I heard it was so beautiful. I'm also planning a hike of the Hadrian Wall trail in England soon.

Updated 12-29-2012 at 19:39 by Airman

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Completed hike from NOC to Newfound Gap Sep 28, 2012. Had great weather. We, Atlas and I, picked a good week to hike because it was so clear, you could see for miles. Sassafras Gap Shelter needs a bear cable being the tree that everyone used came down when I yanked on the rope to secure my food. Cheoah Bald was super. Don't miss Shuckstack b/c the views are incredible. The short hike is worth it. Lots of people miss this. Rocky Top was clear while we were there. Saw some hikers pitching their tents at shelters which is a no-no. Heard later it was a $100 fine if caught. Great hike and cant wait to continue in April to Damascus. Also met Heavy Panter and Jrock at Fontana Hilton. Thanks to the Village for their trail magic. Ice cream was fantastic. Great service at the visitor center at Fontana Dam. ON TO DAMASCUS
    Updated 12-30-2012 at 15:04 by Airman