WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Troll's 2010 AT Journal

29 August 2010

Rate this Entry
29 August 2010, NH 24A
At one point in the night last night Forest was sleeping under his tarp and we heard him jump out of his tent yelling "what the f#*!". He woke up to a skunk next to his face.

I slept in the carport last night. It is a canvas carport with about 10 beds under it. During the night last night we had a visitor come in and visit us. It was a skunk, it tried to get into Sandman's food bag. We all woke up to the sound of it trying to get into the bag. We shoewed it away but it just went under one of the beds. Sandman moved his food bag and we all fell back asleep.

When I got back from the hike today I heard a couple talking out by the showers and when I walked around to see who it was I was very surprised to see it was Lisa of Two of a Kind. We gave each other a big hug and then her partner John came over and we gave each other a big hug. I was very happy to see them again. They were always one day in front of me. There were times when I knew we were in the same trail towns but I had no way to contact them. We made sure we had each other’s phone numbers and email addresses this time. I met these two way back a Fontana Dam. We have been in and out of contact with each since then.

Here tonight are Two of a Kind, Toiboks, Yum Yum, Hero, Purpose, Hopper.

ix wrong mileages.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5121.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	586.7 KB 
ID:	13138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5122.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	678.4 KB 
ID:	13139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5123.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	739.7 KB 
ID:	13140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5124.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	593.3 KB 
ID:	13137  
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
2010 thru hike

Comments