View RSS Feed

Troll's 2010 AT Journal

08 September 2010

Rate this Entry
08 September 2010, Gorham
Today I decided to take a zero day. It poured most of the night last night and it was threatening rain when I got up this morning. I was watching the weather this morning trying to plan for the day that I go back to the top of Mount Washington. As of now the best day looks like it is going to be Saturday, 11 September. That leaves me Thursday and Friday to get the Kinsmans done.

We went to Lincoln today to get my other hiking pole fixed at the outfitters. When I extended my left hiking pole yesterday and tried to tighten the pole it would not tighten into place. I removed the pole and noticed that the lower pole had a split down the middle. I was managed to get it tight enough to use yesterday. The outfitter gave me a new lower pole section. I also had to buy a new warm weather hat while I was at the outfitters because somehow mine did not get sent with my cold weather gear that was sent to me from home. After the experience of summiting Washington and my ears getting cold, I did not want to go through that again.

While we were in Lincoln we ran into Chili and Pepper at the Subway next to the outfitters. We sat and chatted and they asked questions about the Whites because Pepper was concerned once we told him that Madison Hut was closed and Lake of the Clouds was closing on the 11th. I told him about the list of stealth sites that was out there. I had the list on my phone and he asked if I could email it to him. I emailed it to him while we were sitting there.

Quit the job
Sell the house
Lose the spouse
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5576.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	666.4 KB 
ID:	13304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5577.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	667.0 KB 
ID:	13303  
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
2010 thru hike