WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Rains2girl

Packs

Rate this Entry
A little story about our backpacks:

First let me start by saying this will be our first long distance hike so we need to be completely outfitted. That means I will have alot of entries about accumulating our gear. This is just as much for my memoirs as for the reading pleasure of others

F4ever ordered his REI Flash62 and when it came we both tried it and was a good fit for both of us. Very comfortable fit and very adjustable, we really like it! However, when I went to order mine, I thought I should have the large Flash52 for women, being not-so-tall but a healthy 5'7". No, F4ever says, you're not an amazon you'll probably need the medium. So I order the medium women's pack...

When I get the pack and try it on, it feels like a Dora the Explorer backpack! Now, I'm not saying it's a bad back, it's just made for a smaller woman and just not right for me. So I had to send the pack back and I ended up getting the men's Flash62 because honestly, that pack fits me like it was made for me. That also gives me a little more room for packing...So now F4ever and I have matching packs!
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I take it you have no REI or outfitters nearby to test/try out gear? I feel fortunate if this is the case to be able to try gear on at EMS and REI and some others and get suggestions from many of the whiteblaze and alike websites to see what will work for me. Good luck with your gear search!
    We're in Florida-no REI dealers in the state. The closest for us is Atlanta.