View RSS Feed

corajeanine

Loner and Wildcat

Rate this Entry
So I wanted to tell you the story of how I ended up hiking with Loner...

He and I share a common interest in artifact hunting. We have commented on each others YouTube pages (Carolinaarrowheads and Corajeanine) for about a year. He had commented on one of my videos as Loner2012AT and so I subscribed to that page. I did not realize that it was him, lol I did not get to start watching his vids for a while, I kept seeing them in my subscription feed and kept meaning to get around to catching up on them. I finally did, and started leaving comments on his vids. When I realized that I already knew him, I sent him a private message. We started messaging back and forth for a couple of months. This led to phone calls. Then he asked me to come hike with him. One of my favorite quotes is "In twenty years, you will regret the things you didn't do more than the things you did do", so I said yes and started making plans. On September 12, I boarded a plan in Dayton, Ohio and flew into Portland, Maine. Jeff picked me up at the airport and we drove to Monson. We stayed at the Lakeshore House the first night, and then headed out on the trail the next day. We had the most amazing time! For the entire week, we were never apart for more than fifteen minutes. He is the most amazing guy! We had so much fun, I don't think either of us stopped smiling or laughing until we got to the airport a week later. We hiked from Monson back to Caratunk, we climbed Moxie Bald and Pleasant Pond mountain. We got to hike 40 miles together. We spent our last night together in Caratunk at the Sterling Inn. I got to meet some amazing people and see some stunningly beautiful sights. In twenty years, I will definitely not have any regrets about this, other than the fact that I didn't get to hike more Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th_DSC00127.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	17563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th_DSC00172.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	17564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th_DSC00257.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	17565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th_DSC00266.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	17566Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th_DSC00279.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	17567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th_DSC00287.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	17568
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That is the sweetest love story I have heard in a long time. I'm sooo happy for you! I know everyone that hears the story is as well. THanks for sharing!!
    Hey CoraJean!

Really loved reading this post and am amazed that you were able to fit in all the details of our 'long story' love story into such a compact entry! But it is wrote very well and would only like to add that I REALLY liked the drop box you sent while we were still just talking that included thoughtfull items like warm socks, a new shirt, snacks, quarters for the laundry, and a very nice letter. And that there were several 'signs' that we both noticed that told us this was what the universe wanted for us.

I looked forward to meeting you every second before you got to Maine, loved every second you were here with me on the trail, and haved missed you every second from the time you left. It was very hard in the days after you went home to keep hiking knowing I would have to finnish the trail without you but looked forward to getting done so I could come be with you.

Think we both love the fact that our first date was 7 days long and there's no better place for two people with a love for being outdoors to get to know each other. There was never a awquard moment from the second we first met and everything felt right and we had the most amazing time together with lots of smiles and laughing.

Love you CoraJean! Signed - 'The Hiker Formerly Known as 'Loner'.
    Updated 10-04-2012 at 20:01 by SnakeSession