WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

KingGator and Sons

Appalachian Trail Journal Entry #10 - The Books are Ordered!

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13863_162455180572407_1750609146_n.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	19797
Today has been a great day in preparation with a lot of positive comments from the hiking community. Today offered great motivation for this trip. I would like to say that not only is the Companion book ordered, but also I decided to order the DATA book as well. I am excited to get both of these books and I truly think this is going to be a great time. If anyone is reading this journal, which I know there is (300-500 views per day), I would like to know some of your experiences with the different books.

Which one of these books do you prefer and why? Once these books come in the mail, what steps should I take in laying out this trip and possibly planning it out? Obviously, food drops are essential for me in this trip. If you have any words of wisdom, I would greatly appreciate it. I am as excited as it gets for these books. I may also order some sleeping bags today...not sure.

KING

Comments

King, I like AWOL's data book. His book "Awol on the Appalachian Trail" is a good read also.
    I am gonna go check it out. I may go see if it is at the library first. Thanks for the recommendation!