WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

starbright

Still off the trail

Rate this Entry
Was hoping to get back on trail by now. Looks like it will be May at earliest. Just got home from five days at hospital with my mom apparently I made her sick. She developed double pneumonia doctors said that the strain I had was contagious. We just got her back home from hospital yesterday.

Unfortunately I don't seem to be alone in this. As of last count 18 people have gotten off with either symptoms of pneumonia or with pneumonia. Some have been able to continue and some are off for this year.

I am hoping to continue this year. I just have to get my strength back. Seems like just any walking takes all my air but atleast it is getting better.

Hope to give a good update soon.
Hopefully will see everyone back on the trail soon.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sorry to hear about the troubles, and look forward to reading more when your back out!
    Get well soon. With your later "re-start", you may want to consider a "flip flop" hike. Start out again where you left off in the South. If all goes well---and you get your trail legs and your lungs are doing well--eventually get a ride to Katahdin and start going South until you have hiked the entire trail. An actual SOBO hike (with Katahdin, the Whites, the 100 mile wilderness) might be a rough way to start back up (and a far way from home). You would probably want your "legs" and "lungs" back at 100% before you tackled that part of the trail. Good luck!