WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

hadsdad

A night in Franklin

Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Feeling 100% recovered from whatever hit me last week. It was good to get back on the trail and just started with a couple short 6-7 mile hikes to test the body. Since then it's been back to steady 12+ miles and not feeling bad at all. A few milestones along the way since last post. Of course I have finally crossed the N.C. border. Hit the 100 mile mark at the fire tower on Albert Mountain. That was definitly a different climb, very steep and at times more like rock climbing. It wasn't too long and the view from the top was amazing. Also got over Standing Indian which was a steady up to the highest point so far at two feet shy of 5500 elevation. It's also been two weeks now and although I wanted to be a bit further along by now I feel good about my hike. I have gotten into the groove of pack up, eat breakfast, put in some miles, set up, eat and sleep. In between there's meeting new hikers, some challenging weather (90% chance of rain as I set out again tomorrow) great views, and so much time to think. I have a personal routine where I get about A mile into my morning hike and find a cool spot with a view or just a cool tree and I stop and spend a few minutes thanking the great creator of all this for this awesome planet Earth, it's wonders and for my journey and safety. I am loving the adventure but go through ups and downs of emotions and thoughts as often as the mountains I hike. Anyway, onto the N.O.C. and i'll post more then. Again, thanks for all the thoughts, posts, texts and prayers. Peace.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized