WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Julio

In the beggining...

Rate this Entry
Well, I've been on this site for about 6 days now and I'm just starting to navigate my way around. I find this community of people to be very willing to help. Thank God, cause I could use it! I've been a hiker and camper all my life and doing a thru hike on the AT has been one of my life goals. I've let too many years slip away without getting this done. The decision has ben made. I will begin my hike on March 20th of 2015. so it is written,so it is law! until then I will be doing a series of section hikes. This past weekend I enjoyed a mini 2 dayer with my pup in upstate NY where apparently it plans to never stop snowing. It is snowing as I write this. I look forward to sharing my experiences and hearing about yours.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	25984  
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well Julio, now that I know what you look like, I'll be sure to look for you on the trail! Good luck on your hike...and be sure to play lots of Paul Simon on your MP3!
    Get it done! I am also determined to at least make an attempt in 2015....waited far too long to initiate this life long dream! Im planning on starting NOBO between the Ides of March and April Fool's Day....both fitting dates for such an enormous and possibly foolish undertaking!
    Good timing, we hope. This constant 'wet' is good when one needs water and bad when one is hiking all day long. My years says this will be a good year to thru as the snow and cold have caused the mountains to freeze up inside and the cold streams will continue to flow as the inner mountain ice melts all summer. The plants will grow. The bears will stuff up on veggies and leave our stuff alone. The little mice and other rats will reproduce quickly giving the foxes and other dogs and cats plenty of dinners. About the cats? Who know what makes a cat happy? Sparky2000