WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

TearDrop1776

Good 2 Be Back

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10451709_113262565676951_8800912900346118901_n.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	31348
Well, it has been 48 hours since I made the announcement that I was returning to the Appalachian Trail in 2016. I have since then posted 3 videos on the New 2 The Wild YouTube channel. I feel like I can't eat or sleep since the AT defeated me last year. I am excited as can be about returning to the trail alone and attempting this hike with no interference. I have to re-purchase my gear, but I have quite some time to do this. I am glad that this time I have some serious time to be able to prepare.

I spoke with Wes aka the Milkman yesterday and he made it to New Jersey. He is actually going to finish this thing. I am happy to see that. I have to admit that I am slightly jealous.

Since the trail, I got back with my wife and have gotten my life a little more straightened out. I am not on the "road" as much traveling and it feels good to sit a little still. I now currently live in Denver, Colorado which means that I will be doing my shake down hikes in the Rocky Mountains this year.

I look forward to this wonderful hike. This is the beginning once again...This time I have some experience and am as focused as can be. I look forward to 2016 and finishing this trail.

Comments