WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Wildfang

Marmot Trestles 30 Sleeping Bag Review

Rate this Entry
I love my sleeping bag. I got it for my birthday a couple years ago and it rocks.

Specs:
30 degree bag. Comfort rating 33.3 degrees. Lower limit 23 degrees. Extreme limit -7.9 degrees.
75 inches interior length.
58x58x38 (shoulder, hip, foot)
100% polyester
3 lbs 5.9 oz

Why I like it:
The bag is comfortable, with wiggle room in the right places. It keeps you warm on cold nights, and can be used in warmer weather because of the two zippers. It also has a DWR finish on the exterior of the bag so water stays out, and the synthetic fill helps keep you warm even if the water comes in.

Fit:
The Trestles is a mummy bag, but has features of a rectangular bag. The foot box is narrow, but the bag widens out a bit towards the hips so multiple sleeping positions are accommodated. I sleep on my back, but I can stretch my feet out and roll over inside the bag without feeling too trapped.
4/5 Stars

Warmth:
Although rated for 30 degrees, the bag is well insulated and I have used it in plenty of cold and wet conditions. The bag insulates well, especially around the head and core. I've slept in this bag in less than 20 degree weather without a liner and not been freezing (I did layer well first).
4/5 Stars

Fill:
Marmot uses SpiraFill in the trestles bags. This is a synthetic insulation material. It resists water well and keeps its warming qualities when wet. It is not as packable as down, but it is versatile and durable. This fill also keeps the price down (down is expensive).
3.5/5 Stars

Zipper:
The trestles bag has two zippers (adding some weight and limiting packability) but it makes the bag versatile. It can be used in warmer weather, just unzip both zippers for a cooler night's sleep. The zipper does have draft protection baffles to keep you warm on a cold's night and these can sometimes get in the way when trying to zip up quick.
3/5 Stars

Comfort:
Overall the bag is very comfortable and worth the extra weight. It's an excellent price for the quality of bag you're getting.
5/5 Stars

Overall:
The bag is great quality, comfortable, versatile, and an excellent price.
4/5 stars
dauntlessandafraid.blogspot.com
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized