WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Cfullerton

Latest Update

Rate this Entry

My experience as a hiker has grown a bit since my initial TN hike and my gear has evolved as well. I've joined a local hiker club, met some wonderful hiking partners here on this site (WB) and somehow managed to get my husband interested in joining me on the trail (his idea of camping use to be a night in a Marriott). In September I went to GA to do a section hike with a WB friend and we went from Unicoi Gap to Dick's Creek Gap. Not far, but she was having some knee pain and had to stop. I'm headed back to GA this weekend to hike from Springer to Fontana Dam with my husband & a friend. We are all looking forward to the cool weather and fall color.
My gear has evolved to:

From To

Pack: Osprey 65 AG ULA Circuit
Sleep Bag: REI Igneo Enlightened Equip Revelation
Sleep Pad: REI Air Rail Therma Rest Neo Air Xlite
Tent: BA Fly Creek UL2 ZPacks Triplex
Boots: Keen Keene (larger size)
Stove: Jet Boil-mini
Hydration: 2L platypus
Camp Shoes: Crocs Cashe Slippers (trying them)

This week I'll be testing out almost all of this new gear. The Circuit is nice but Osprey is more comfortable with its web backing its just a bit heavier. Im hoping the tent will be as comfortable as the BA Copper Spur UL3 which I use when Im with my husband. And the sleeping blanket is new to me. Never used one before. Praying I like it because its much lighter then my REI bag. Going to try the pad Neo Xlite pad hoping that it won't be too loud when I turn. And the Camp Shoes are a bit different too. Im going to try them, who knows, I may like them - at least they are comfortable. Just not sure they will be what I need.
Till next time...

Gadget Legs
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments