WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

jenningka

40 Days Out

Rate this Entry
Woo, time is getting so short! I'm 40 days out from leaving town for my AT adventure and there is so much left to do that I'm sure I'll surely procrastinate until the last minute. I have all *necessary* gear... which doesn't mean I won't change something or add any luxuries and I did a quick clip video of it all a few days ago. The original was much to long and there was a lot of commentary. If people want to know about something, I'll go into detail, but until then -- it's just a list.

I want Xero shoes and possibly a different pair of pants.

I need to get an appointment for a new epi-pen, tetanus shot, etc.

The dentists appointments are set, just have to go.

I've given my boss my, 'I will not work pass this date' date.

I need to stock up on everything my dog will need for 6 months and take him to the family member watching him.

I need to do a lot more logistic 'research' to get family members to the trail at certain times when I think I'll be there.

I need to get in some more training hikes and overnighters.

I want to prepackage food into '1 day' bags so my family can send me, '3 days worth' or '5 days worth' etc.

I need to make sure all my automatic payments are set up.

That's all on my 'to do list' I can think of right now and it's quite a lot on top of a full time and part time job, hanging with friends and family, and getting in as much 'oh my gosh I have to do all the things I'll miss' time. Time is flying and I think it's only going to get faster the closer I get to my ETA.

http://hikeallthetrail.com
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You are doing a wonderful job preparing..."luck is when preparation and opportunity meet..." I looked at your blog and it is impressive. Be safe on the Trail and Good Luck!!!
    All the best for your hike!