WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

ElizabethClose

Anxiety? Excitement? Satisfaction?

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
I cant quite figure out how I'm feeling... kinda excited, kinda zen. My first grandbaby made her way into the world last Friday. I got to cuddle her and sing to her. I'm confident my daughter has motherhood under control and doesn't "need" me ... so tomorrow is the big day. As well as I planned everything out I've had a couple last minute gear issues ... kudos to REI for getting my order to be ready at the store nearest to MARTA in Atlanta on Friday morning... raspberries to Enlightened Equipment who told me my Feb 12 order would be delivered in time (just shipped Tuesday Apr 12, getting delivered 7 hours after my flight leaves - BOO-HISS)

Todays plan is :
One last round of family goodbyes
Long hot soaky bath
Deep Tissue Massage from Tammy (my hero)

Next post will be from the trail!!
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hello Elizabeth, i've been reading your journal entries and I absolutely love them! You are doing fabulous on the trail. These journal entries are extremely helpful to me. Reading the little notes you make for each day helps me understand what expect for my future thru-hike! I've subscribed to your journal so I can follow your journey. Please just remember to be kind to yourself. Listen to your body, mileage is important but it's more important not cause an injury!

This video may be helpful to you (if you haven't watched it yet). It's about injuries on the trail and how to treat them! I've seen a lot thru-hikers on YouTube use bands/wraps to treat knee, ankle, shin, etc pains.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuUpg6ngVIg
    or just search this title on youtube: Save Your Thru-Hike from Knee Pain!! :: Post A.T. Thru-Hike

After reading one your journals that video came to mind and thought i'd share it with you. Nonetheless keep up the amazing work and congratulations on your new granddaughter!

~ Heather