WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

FlowerChild

my melancholy introduction... ;)

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by FlowerChild View Post
Hi White Blaze community..

My name is Susan, trail name Flower Child. In 2015 I hiked 700 miles of the Appalachian Trail, starting at Katahdin.. June 1st, and through the grace of extensive "free blazing" ended in Harper's Ferry, WV. October 1st.

I injured my foot, right around Caratunk ME, and that kinda threw a wrench in my hiking plans. So I embraced tears, hobbling, 8 mile days, and skipping large portion of trails, till even that was too much.. and it was time to go home.. (Which was the hardest part of my journey..)

My latest and greatest plan of action is to thru hike NoBo in 2017!! My first journey (SoBo 2015) I was 100% inexperienced, naive, and clueless in what I was getting into.. and to date it's the best decision I've made. Ranking in the major life changing events category: Hike the AT, pursue career, get married, have kids.. No marriage, no kids, career still in it's infancy... and honestly undecided.. and I might be stalling all that to thru hike again, you know, just maybe.. :P Which is kind of the disadvantage/advantage? to comparing everything to long distance hiking.. Gaah.. X)

What I'm looking forward to in 2017...
-New Trail Name!
-Living like a hobo/child

and everything else is hard to put into words.. I think what this melancholy new emotion is.. is I'm trail sick.. I miss my adopted home, and family.. :P
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized